Thursday, June 26, 2008

Presidential Wings - Columbia, SC






As President of the Internet BMW Riders (we're all Presidents), I started a tradition many years ago of hosting Presidential lunches and dinners at my friendly neighborhood Hooters. They're everywhere! Being on the road on business in cities far from The Bunny Cave, I tended to eat alone. By hosting a bi-weekly event I call `Presidential Wings` (Hooters is famous for their chicken wings), I can share a wing and some stories with fellow BMW owners. Tonight I hosted such a gathering at the Hooters Harbison in Columbia, South Carolina where I'm working a contract project. The project concludes tomorrow, so tonight I hosted the final Columbia Presidential Wings. Two local and one distant President joined me for dinner though none of us ordered wings. The potential was there, but Jim had nachos, Les had the Caesar salad, Robert had fish & chips and I had the Tater Tots (a new menu item). The Harbison location was host to a monthly Bike Night which featured the Hooters Drag Bike. Hooters Girl Alissa provided us with excellent service and did not let our drinks get dry.

No comments: